8.30.2007

The Six Keys to Salvation

I.
"Come forth, O children,
under the stars,
and take your fill of love!"
Perhaps in the confessions of bitter fools
slumbers some sorts and stable truth,
in their remains of ash and hatred
waits their penchant the world
will never see as such a Strength.

II.
While in disorder we despair,
while in prediction we are precise,
yet in circumvention we may befriend
Augustine and his prolific gesture:
"Love, and do what thou wilt."
But bound into nihilism
we fall through the Chasm
alone, and afraid more
for the journey itself
than ends, yet we repent,
we regret all ending, all failings
of fortune and hopeful endeavors.

III.
"Sing the rapturous love-song unto me!
Burn to me perfumes! Wear to me jewels!
Drink to me, for I love you! I love you!"
Recite the words. Speak the sense
of masters and men
who once were within the right
to preach as saints and prophets.
In their bindings of what
could only be imprisoned for once
and always be the beckoned callings
and mistaken and immoral rapture
of the slip of a tongue from madmen.
More over complex an aphrodisiac,
yet a simple concept, always,
but you practice abstinence
and beneath futility your own ruin.

IV.
"I am the blue-lidded daughter of Sunset;
I am the naked brilliance
of the voluptuous night-sky."
Within the seventh came lasting night,
and in the sixth came Babalon,
within the fifth came the fires of Plato,
and in the fourth came Passion's plague,
within the third came the altruistic affair,
and in the second came the purest Roman spring.
But found upon the first was Un-forgiveness,
and a pleading to great Geanian, replying:
"I will give you a war-engine."

V.
So now with a burnt etching
gilding my own left hand,
I restrict my moral codes of self,
a nature Divine in itself
to prevent the loss of an idolized pride
through prized wrath and envy.

VI.
To what grief may I slip into
for all wrought by my deeds?
On all fours as beast and lesser a man
I surely would take my place,
in the Bower of Bliss
as the Union of Opposites,
the well intended and opportune
for the forgotten and Forgiven:
“Love is the law,” always,
“love under will.”
Blasphemy on the first, by
The Devoted, Enlightened!

No comments: